Ref:- 4289 5 Axis CNC Machinists Based in Derby
About the Company: We are actively recruiting for our client based on the outskirts of Derby.
Job overview: Our client is looking for 5 Axis CNC Machinists to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
Daily tasks will include:
- To provide on time, on quality, on-cost fulfilment of Operations deliverables against customer requirements.
- Working with the machine shop manager and supervisors to deliver timely and efficient supply of machined components through implementation of the published work to list and proactive organisation of your workload.
- Production: – Machine components from various material types in accordance with stage or customer drawings, to the required standard and quality requirements defined within the drawings or the supporting documentation.
- Safe working environment: – ensure that your work area is safe and you are working safely. That you are complying with the local safety requirements of the site.
- Machine Utilisation: – by use of agreed metrics improve and maintain machine utilisation to an excellent standard of 85%. Machine utilisation will be defined and any activity carried out within the process that adds value to the component.
- Delivery of cost reduction plans: – Support and implement agreed delivery and cost reduction opportunities.
- Daily Reporting against production Issues: – Ensure that all positive and negative issues are communicated through the team leaders or the appropriate shift books
- Control of Machines: – Adhering to Maintenance schedule, carrying out daily checks, completing asset care documentation and Advising repair requirements.
- Control of Consumables: – Vending only what is required to complete the operation or component.
About you: You will have a knowledge in 4 and 5 axis machining. You will be able to read and understand Aerospace drawings. You will be able to use Fanuc, Siemens, Heidenhain and Mazatrol controllers. Experience within a production environment. Ability to communicate verbally and using all forms of written media. Forward thinker with a strong planning mentality. Decision maker able to work independently and as part of the manufacturing team. You must have the ability to challenge the current methods of manufacture in order to improve processes. You will be Quality orientated, and committed to right first time. Flexible and capable of performing tasks and duties as required by the business.
What’s in it for you? This role is being offered on a full time permanent basis – salary depending on experience. There is free car parking and kitchen facilities on site.
If you are interested, please apply online or contact Nikki Tatton NikkiT@key-personnel.co.uk
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.