CAD Designer based in Newark
About the company:
A leading engineering company are looking for a CAD Designer to work with the Operations Director and Commercial & Contracts Director.
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment
- Working with AutoCAD 2D / 3D and Inventor
- Drafting concepts
- Coordinate with and consult other engineers/workers & to design, layout, or detail new components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Review and analyse specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery, using computer-assisted equipment.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Check dimensions of manufactured & bought out items prior assembly and liaise with the storeman to assign numbers to the materials.
- Layout and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
- Draw freehand sketches of designs for simple components for manufacture via email to our fabricators.
- Good communicator with all levels of staff across the business
- Fair and consistent in the approach
- Excellent technical IT skills literate
- Excellent attention to detail
- People focused
- Team Player
What’s in it for you?
This is a full-time permanent role; the salary is £19,000 per annum
Excellent pension and company benefits, free onsite car parking
If you are interested, please apply online or contact Nikki Tatton email@example.com 420488