Chemistry Department Manager Based in Derby
Job overview: The position requires a suitably qualified person with particular experience of managing a small team within a chemistry related department concerned with supply of operational technical services, in this case to the construction and associated industries, with particular regard to commercial aspects/profitability.
The position covers all operational work streams in key areas relating to testing and analysis of cementitious materials, aggregates, soils and ground waters and specialist investigative analysis of such materials to a high standard of quality and service.
Daily tasks will include:
- Day to day management of laboratory services
- Maintaining liaison and communication with management
- Input to management meetings and monthly management reports
- Setting and reviewing departmental budgets making any necessary adjustments to meet targets
- Ensuring suitable levels of staff; planning, recruiting and training accordingly
- Ensuring on-going staff training, development and competency
- Input to sales/business development in conjunction with company management
- Establish, build and maintain client relationships
- Monitoring workload and fee earning in service areas, making any necessary operational adjustments
- Preparing quotations and proposals
- Preparing specialist testing reports and authorising issue of reports across all departmental services
- Management input to Geo-environmental area of service for respective sections
- Managing and reviewing QA/QC in accordance with UKAS, ISO 17025 and the requirements of quality framework documents, policies and procedures including internal audit requirements
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by suitable means
- Ensuring the department operates in accordance with current H&S and Environmental policies and procedures
About you: You must have relevant previous experience within a similar role and have at least 1 years’ experience within management working with construction materials.
What’s in it for you? This role is being offered on a full time permanent basis – salary ranging from £35,000 – £45,000 depending on experience.
Hours are Monday to Friday – 08:15 am to 17:30 pm. There is free car parking and kitchen facilities on site.
If you are interested please apply online or contact Nikki Tatton email@example.com
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.