Our client is one of the UK’s leading specialist ground engineering contractors and are currently seeking a Contracts Manager to join their team. The post holder will be part of a busy team and will work in and out of our offices in Newark and on construction sites throughout the United Kingdom providing precast ground engineering solutions to our customers and clients.
- To coordinate and control individual contracts from contract award to satisfactory resolution of final accounts.
- To promote the company positively to customers.
- Ensuring that all work is completed to the required technical standard.
- Liaison and coordination of the contract requirements of the company’s customers.
- Organise all plant, equipment, materials and necessary resources to site to meet the contract requirements.
- Control labour under your supervision.
- Control and monitor any sub-contractors under your supervision.
- Ensure that all information required for the company systems and customers is completed in writing in a timely and professional manner, including conformance and application for payment.
- To ensure that the design of piles and ground beams on site is in accordance with the company’s practice and to ensure installation on site is in accordance with the design.
- To ensure sufficient information is provided to sub-contractors for them to carry out their duties effectively and safely.
- Attend regular project/production/resourcing meetings to provide site reports and forward planning.
- Ensure that all works and duties are carried out safely in accordance with the Company Integrated Management systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- Full clean UK Driving Licence
- CSCS Card – essential
- SMSTS or equivalent
- Contract and Site management experience
- Civil Engineer / Construction Management Degree
- Appointed person / lift supervisor for crane operations
- Organised and have a good eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Calm, logical, flexible
- Willing to travel to sites across the UK often staying away from home in the evening.
- Ensure that all operations on site are carried out safely and in accordance with method statements.
- Be able to correspond with the client/clients representatives and their design team, sometimes at a very high level, in a professional manner.
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.
If you have not been contacted by telephone or email within 7 days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Unless you notify us otherwise, we will retain your CV and covering letter on our database and may contact you with other job opportunities in the future.