About the Company: We are actively recruiting for a Permanent Credit Control Supervisor/Manager for our client based on the outskirts of Mansfield.
Job overview: To provide a comprehensive, accurate and timely accounting service as a very hands on Supervisor of a team of two/three which will enhance the position of the Company. The main emphasis will be front end credit control and risk focusing across key accounts.
You must be used to working in a fast paced environment dealing with a large volume of invoices daily.
Daily tasks will include:
• To familiarise yourself with all credit control, accounting, quality and other relevant company procedures ensuring that these are strictly adhered to.
• Dealing with new accounts:
• Ensuring satisfactory credit/trade references are obtained
• Establishing an agreed credit limit
• Setting up the account : Sage system
• Ensure terms and conditions are adhered to
• Review of credit alert reports daily and taking appropriate action when necessary.
• Liaising with insurers to ensure appropriate cover is in place, at the right level and ensuring kept fully up to date within Sage.
• Review of on hold and recent none trading accounts to establish correct credit limit.
• Weekly/monthly reporting for review with FD.
• Effectively dealing with key account customers queries, including liaising with other departments to ensure they are brought to a satisfactory conclusion.
• Effectively dealing with escalated issues from the team.
• Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action
• Ensuring monthly deadlines are met.
• Develop the credit management capability within Company.
Qualities and Skills required:
• Previous Credit Control experience essential
• Supervisory experience is essential
• Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
• Sound decision-making
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
• Good business judgment
• Sound Computer Skills
• Not afraid of changes
• Professional and positive attitude
• Being able to take initiative
• Value team work and acts as a team player
• Able to influence people
• Excellent telephone manner and skills
• Educated to a good standard
• Strong administration skills
• Not afraid to take ownership
What’s in it for you? This role is being offered on a full time permanent basis : salary ranging from £26000-£30000 depending on experience. There is free car parking and kitchen facilities on site.
If you are interested please contact Amy Carver-Smith firstname.lastname@example.org 01623 420488