About the Company: We are actively recruiting for an experienced Junior Project Planner for a client who are based on the outskirts of Newark.
Job overview: The purpose of this role is to assist the planning function in the development, implementing and management of projects.
Daily tasks will include:
• Maintain and update programmes to reflect actual and forecast positions with progress / resource / cost data.
• Develop the Project / Programme using network and critical path analysis techniques.
• Liaising with external contractors and suppliers to organise the phases of the construction development.
• Interface with design, manufacturing and construction delivery teams and other third parties in planning and project controls issues.
• Schedule resource and cost information into programmes to enable earned value management.
• Participate in contract reviews with regards to programme management and planning.
• Working with the department heads and construction delivery teams to find ways to improve project programmes.
• Baseline and analyse ongoing project progress and performance, assessing time related risks and the impact to programme.
• Liaising with customers, internal department heads, and supply chain to organise, integrate and schedule phases of the construction plan.
• Manage and review project plans including resource, histograms, construction schedules and manufacturing plans.
• Keeping the customer’s team fully appraised of progress against programme.
• Presenting information for internal meetings on the project, including baseline programmes.
• A good understanding of the construction industry, including design, procurement, production and commissioning processes.
• Possess good knowledge and experience with MS Project / Asta.
• Strong IT skills : must have experience of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe.
• Strong communication skills, capable of working as part of a multifunctional team.
• A proactive team player who is assertive and who possesses strong negotiation and skills.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful company who are continuously growing and developing their staff.
What’s in it for you? This role is being offered on a full time permanent basis, the hours of work are Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5.00pm, Friday, 8.30am to 3.45pm. Company pension and medical scheme. There is free car parking and kitchen facilities on site.
If you are interested please contact Amy Carver-Smith firstname.lastname@example.org 01623 420488