Service Desk Analyst role based in Mansfield
Job Overview: To provide first-line support for business users and customers, giving advice and assistance with matters related to ICT and other services. Perform first-time fix on incidents where applicable and be the first point of contact for all matters related to tickets logged on the ICT Support Desk tool.
Support the ICT team, especially Service Management with the progression of change activities and any other work to provide ICT services to the business and its partners.
• Provide 1st Line Technical support – Be the ICT first point of contact and the customer facing element of ICT and manage the tickets appropriately and depending on status.
• Logging of all correspondence relating to the provision of ICT services, for example; any system faults, change requests and other ticket types using ITIL (the IT industry Service Management standard) best practice.
• Manage general communication and notification of any service outages with the customers, by liaising with suppliers and colleagues in ICT.
• Regularly update customers with the latest information on their reported problem, and communicate this back either via email, Service Desk News items and in person.
• Ensure that the Service Desk is staffed during the support hours by working flexibly with colleagues within ICT to maintain cover as required.
• Provide technical support, assistance, advice and fixes to all customers. Support issues may include, but not limited to, providing assistance with user passwords, releasing blocked email, user mailbox assistance and troubleshooting by viewing the screen of the customer using ICT provided tools.
• Perform required ICT daily tasks, and generally ensure that items are progressing through the workflow and then the subsequent logging of any of these exceptions as an incident to be dealt with as per the companies procedures.
• Where appropriate escalate any issues / concerns with ICT service or customer complaints to the Service Management team or line manager, to ensure the right level of awareness and that the issue can be managed appropriately for the company.
• Maintain, co-author and review the support articles in the KMS (Knowledge Management System) within the Service Desk tool. Check and update the CMDB (Configuration Management Database) to ensure that asset / user information is always updated when dealing with customers, so hardware, software licenses and other information required for compliance are accurate.
• Production of reports to demonstrate the standard of ICT service delivery and measure performance against SLA’s (Service Level Agreement), OLA’s (Operational Level Agreement) and KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators). To carry out regular Customer Surveys on selected tickets, following their closure on the ICT Service Desk Tool
• Undertake any other reasonable activities as requested by your line manager.
• NVQ / HND in Administration / Information Technology or similar
• Experience in dealing with customers / third-parties to deliver services / products and managing requests / faults through to resolution
• Ability to manage and coordinate requests for Change and Incidents through the use of ICT systems
• Good communication skills, confident speaking at all levels
• Ability to portray a strong knowledge of ICT and a good understanding of how to resolve problems, and support customers.
• ICT literacy – Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office software, good working knowledge of Windows required.
• Ability to take ownership of issues or pieces of work for users following through to resolution.
What’s in it for you? This is a Full-Time Permanent role. You will be required to work 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Salary ranging from £18,000-23,876 depending on experience. Benefits include: Civil Service Pension, 27.5 days leave, plus Bank Holidays + 6 days Flexi Leave, Performance Related Pay, Gym Membership contribution plus more.
**Role falls within scope of IR35 regulations**
Interested to know more? Please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.