About the Company: We are actively recruiting for an experienced Warehouse & Logistics Manager on the outskirts of Newark.
Job overview: The purpose of this role is to manage the warehouse, stock movement and inventory management across the manufacturing facilities. This role will involve the implementation of a new MRP system. You will also be responsible for the Health & Safety and Quality processes.
Daily tasks will include:
• Full involvement in the implementation of new innovations in the stores function, MRP, Kanban, etc.
• Manage the stores for the manufacturing site and lead a team to deliver an excellent service and onsite availability of operational products, goods and PPE.
• Develop and implement processes and controls to effectively manage goods in/out, location and issue
• Implement and maintain a stock management process to consistently achieve stock accuracy
• Support, implement and sustain continuous improvement through lean manufacturing techniques and philosophies including removal of non-value-added activities.
• Produce regular reports and statistical information as required.
• Use data analysis as a tool to deliver improvements.
• Reporting, measuring and managing KPI’s.
• Work in conjunction with the production team to ensure the optimal flow of materials to satisfy the production requirements.
• Maintain accurate stock records and transactions in all operations of the company’s system, including investigation and prevention of inaccuracies. Proactively assess and investigate root causes of stock loss/gain trends.
• Maintain full understanding and compliance of the company ISO9001/ISO14001/ISO18001 standards
• Review/remove/report obsolete or damaged stock and report financial impact.
• Schedule and organise stock cycle checks and main stock takes.
• Efficient organisation and utilisation of stores personnel
• Maintain a high standard of maintenance and housekeeping along with workplace organisation throughout the stores area.
• To ensure the team are trained and work within Health & Safety regulations and develop 5S and Lean throughout the work areas.
• Demonstrable experience in leadership and management of a busy stores environment or similar discipline.
• Considerable management experience in a manufacturing environment, reporting at senior level.
• Proven skills and experience of manufacturing material control and supply logistics.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong organisation skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong planning and analytical skills
• Proven track record in improving efficiencies.
• Able to bring a new dimension to stores activities.
• Previous change management experience and ability to communicate this out.
• Demonstrate experience of leading, coaching and development of a stores team within a changing environment.
• Role will require a familiarity and knowledge of the principles of Lean/Six Sigma
• Competent IT skills in Microsoft, Excel (Navision or similar desirable but not essential)
• Enthusiasm, drive and a can-do attitude
This is a great opportunity to join a successful company who are continuously growing and developing their staff.
The hours of work are Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 5.00pm, Friday, 8.30am to 3.45pm
What’s in it for you? This role is being offered on a full time permanent basis well as being included in their company pension and medical scheme. There is free car parking and kitchen facilities on site. Salary depends upon experience.
If you are interested please contact Amy Carver-Smith firstname.lastname@example.org 01623 420488